This is my second batch and this time I’ve written down the recipe. It’s really spicy but has a terrific flavor so is great for super hot wings but also terrific for adding kick to a salsa or to eggs.
- 1c Rooster Spur hot pepper (you can use other peppers as well but these have a great flavor to go with the heat – you can find seeds at reimerseeds.com/rooster-spur-hot-peppers.aspx)
- 1 full garlic clove (I use a garlic press)
- 2t chipotle sauce or 1t smoke flavor
- 1T black pepper
- 2T creole or cajun seasoning (I use Emeril’s Essence and make it up in a big batch since I like to use it for everything! food.com/recipe/emerils-essence-5031
- 1/2 can tomato paste (3oz)
- 1c water
Blend all the ingredients until most of seeds have been pulverized. I use a ninja blender – does great for this. And make sure you keep a window open – this recipe will have your eyes watering.